Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Paris Weekend -Part 2: Macaron Love

You know macarons? No, not macaroooons, ma-ca-rons.  They're these delicate little sandwich cookies native to France. Made with egg whites and commonly in pistache, chocolat and framboise flavours, they're notoriously difficult to make.


And you know what? I'm just a little bit addicted to them. Ok, more than a little bit addicted.

Since I arrived to France, I've been scoping out patisseries that sell them. In Tours, I've found two places so far. Weird thing is, they've all been giant macarons, larger than an oreo cakester <---gross. Guess you can't get too much of a good thing.

Giant macarons at Monoprix, in Tours

More Tours macarons
But I don't need to look any further, because in Paris, you can even buy macarons at Mcdonalds. Wonder if they're any good.


I didn't get a chance to visit the original home of the macaron but we did find this absolutely adorable super girly Marie Antoinette-like macaron shop called Ladurée near Église Saint-Germain-des-Prés. I think I want to live there. 

Look at this adorable store front.
The macarons there are pretty pricey but I just couldn't leave empty handed so I picked out a framboise (raspberry) and a pistache (pistachio) one.

Framboise, mmmm.

They were AMAZING.

Ladurée also sells other cute little pastries.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner. please?

Think they're hiring?
 Ladurée Bonaparte 
21 rue Bonaparte - 75006 Paris 
Tél : +33 1.44.07.64.87 - Fax : +33 1.44.07.64.93
Just down the street there was a more contemporary macaron shop that sold mini-macarons.



I absolutely have to learn how to make these so I don't get deprived and/or broke back in BC.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews