Sunday, August 14, 2011

France day 8: Fats Glorious Fats

Fun fact: Eating fat won't make you so. Recent research actually shows that most fats are good for you! Here's some of my favorites today.

1) Smoked salmon full of cardio-protective omega-3's.
I always thought that smoked salmon was a treat specific to Canada but surprisingly, it seems like the French eat more smoked salmon than we do at home. Crusty bread and plenty of smoked salmon? That's my kind of lunch.


2) Cheese with good saturated fats
Here, cheese is its own course in a meal. Good thing, because I've developed quite an affinity to spreading brie on bread after the main course and before dessert.

camembert, brie, fromage fraiche oh my!

3) Monounsaturated fats in avocado.
Surprisingly good with Japanese sesame dressing.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews