Saturday, April 30, 2011

Quinoa-Chickpea Enchiladas

Today a nice lady named Kate walked down an aisle, maybe you're an early riser and saw it happen?

I know this is strange but, I like to walk down aisles too, the grocery store type of aisle. What most see as a chore I like to see as a hobby. I mean, what's not to like? Every product you pass by is a possible inspiration for a dish and a new experiment. And if there's free samples, well that's just icing on the cake isn't it?


Sadly, there are currently two huge barriers preventing me from walking among well-stocked shelves:

  1. I'm moving out tomorrow and my baggage allowance doesn't allow me to bring all my darling ingredients (You don't find food darling? Well you should.)
  2. I have final exams hanging over my head and should be spending my time among another type of shelf, book shelves.
At least my current demise has forced me to get a bit creative with what's left in my cupboards. Here's what my Mexican food craving lead me to couple nights ago.


Vegetarian Quinoa-Chickpea Enchiladas
Yield: 8 enchiladas

  • 3/4 cup canned chickpeas
  • 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
  • 1/2 cup (or more) vegetables of your choice
  • 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (try to find a low sodium kind)
  • 1/2 cup water (I just used the chickpea 'juice' from the can)
  • 8 tortillas
  • ~1/2 cup salsa
  • shredded cheese
  1. Preset oven to 350F
  2. Cook cooked quinoa, chickpeas, taco seasoning, water and 1 heaping tablespoon salsa on stovetop
  3. Spoon 1/8 of the mixture onto tortilla and roll
  4. Spread some salsa on the bottom of a baking tray, place enchiladas, top with more salsa and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
  5. Bake until cheese is melted and slightly browned (~10 minutes)

          1 comment:

          Anonymous said...

          For youth generation this type of articles was totally bored but your article was fully different and realistic to the young generation for the future life.


          Shakti Prash | Hanuman Chalisa Yantra | 5in1 Air Sofa | Zero Addiction |
          Hot Shaper | Allah Barkat Locket | Step Up Height Growth | Body Buildo
          No Addiction | Aire Bra | Sandhi Sudha | Fair Look | Body Buildo Powder
          Slim Pro | Step Up Height | Hair Building Fiber | Sandhi Sudha Plus

          LinkWithin

          Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

          Total Pageviews