Saturday, April 30, 2011

Quinoa-Chickpea Enchiladas

Today a nice lady named Kate walked down an aisle, maybe you're an early riser and saw it happen?

I know this is strange but, I like to walk down aisles too, the grocery store type of aisle. What most see as a chore I like to see as a hobby. I mean, what's not to like? Every product you pass by is a possible inspiration for a dish and a new experiment. And if there's free samples, well that's just icing on the cake isn't it?


Sadly, there are currently two huge barriers preventing me from walking among well-stocked shelves:

  1. I'm moving out tomorrow and my baggage allowance doesn't allow me to bring all my darling ingredients (You don't find food darling? Well you should.)
  2. I have final exams hanging over my head and should be spending my time among another type of shelf, book shelves.
At least my current demise has forced me to get a bit creative with what's left in my cupboards. Here's what my Mexican food craving lead me to couple nights ago.


Vegetarian Quinoa-Chickpea Enchiladas
Yield: 8 enchiladas

  • 3/4 cup canned chickpeas
  • 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
  • 1/2 cup (or more) vegetables of your choice
  • 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (try to find a low sodium kind)
  • 1/2 cup water (I just used the chickpea 'juice' from the can)
  • 8 tortillas
  • ~1/2 cup salsa
  • shredded cheese
  1. Preset oven to 350F
  2. Cook cooked quinoa, chickpeas, taco seasoning, water and 1 heaping tablespoon salsa on stovetop
  3. Spoon 1/8 of the mixture onto tortilla and roll
  4. Spread some salsa on the bottom of a baking tray, place enchiladas, top with more salsa and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
  5. Bake until cheese is melted and slightly browned (~10 minutes)

          1 comment:

          Asian Mart Discount said...

          For youth generation this type of articles was totally bored but your article was fully different and realistic to the young generation for the future life.


          Shakti Prash | Hanuman Chalisa Yantra | 5in1 Air Sofa | Zero Addiction |
          Hot Shaper | Allah Barkat Locket | Step Up Height Growth | Body Buildo
          No Addiction | Aire Bra | Sandhi Sudha | Fair Look | Body Buildo Powder
          Slim Pro | Step Up Height | Hair Building Fiber | Sandhi Sudha Plus

          LinkWithin

          Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

          Total Pageviews