Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hazelnut Cookie Oatmeal

You know those mornings where you wake up before you need to be up, in a frenzy because you think you missed your alarm ringing and are now horribly late? But then you look at the time and realize that you actually don't need to be up for a while and get to go back to the warm haven that is your bed, calm and relaxed?

I'm sure those moments are pretty awesome but I can't really know for sure. Because the thing is, my body does this weird thing where it makes me terribly hungry right when I wake up, regardless of what I ate the night before. It's a drag, really, but I'm not too upset about it, especially when I have a bowl of this waiting for me. . .


Hazelnut Cookie Oatmeal
Yield: 1 bowl

  • 1/3 cup quick oats
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup water
  • pinch salt
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 2 tablespoons chopped roasted hazelnuts
  • 1 cookie, crumbled
  1. Mix everything except for the hazelnuts and cookie in a bowl and microwave for 2 minutes
  2. Sprinkle with hazelnuts and cookie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews