I had this brilliant idea last night that I would try making oats on the stovetop, I mean, it is Sunday morning, so I thought my breakfast deserved a bit more effort than my usual microwave quick oats I make while still half-asleep on weekdays.
We're in the midst of final exams right now so I planned to wake up at 7:30, do my ab workout, have breakfast, all by 8am. This way, I could get to library and finish up studying for my anatomy exam tomorrow and still have time for baking and my Hot Yoga class . But unfortunately my overly-optimistic self forgot that I don't actually know how to make old-fashioned oats on the stove, so by 8 I was still wondering how often I needed to pause my workout to stir the pot.
This is the part where I would have attached the 'smell' to this post because it is absolutely intoxicating. So please do pretend that I did and breathe in deeply. Doesn't that smell amazing? I know.
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
Adapted from Stovetop Oatmeal with Whipped Banana
Yield: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup water
- pinch salt (don't forget this)
- 1/2 a banana, sort of mashed
- 1/4 cup milk or extra water
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons roasted chopped walnuts (roasted nuts are about 100 times more delicious than raw, see instructions here)