Friday, April 15, 2011

Apple-Dijon Salad

I've been good, like Santa's nice list good. I've been drinking Green Monsters, eating oatmeal for breakfast and not indulging in junk too too often. Since I also have a nice 17-day break between my exams this year, I'm spending some of my break with my cousins. The weather cooperated nicely with my arrival, because it appears that it was officially the start of BBQ season. Oh how I've craved charred food on those -20C nights this past winter. Last night, dinner included a burger the size of my face. I told myself, I deserve this, I've been a very good girl lately.


Meat, portobello, cheese, Canadian bacon. Enough said.

My aunt served the magnificent thing with a side of delicious salad. I promise it was impressive indeed, but I sort of got distracted by the burger and didn't snap a few nice pictures before we polished it off. I'll make sure to when I try making this at home sometime soon.

Apple-Dijon Salad
Serves: 4-6

  • 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed and dried, broken into smaller pieces
  • 1 cup cheese, cubed (My aunt used cheddar but I think Swiss or Emental would be delicious)
  • 2-3 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • Honey-Dijon dressing (We used this, but I'd love to try this recipe)
  1. Toss and serve

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews