Saturday, April 9, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Stack

Go faster! Because faster is harder, and harder is more fun!. . .now smile.
This is what my spin class instructor was screaming at us at about 8:30 this morning, and after a few times, I was starting to believe it. It's amazing what a dedicated and fun fitness instructor can get you to do, even if it's a Saturday morning. I really have no idea what I'm going to do this summer away from the incredible Rec Centre we have here at school.


I got too excited and inhaled half of it before snapping a picture, I'm sorry.

I wonder sometimes what my life would be like if I had a peanut allergy. I think I would actually starve. The grocery store at school was recently giving out free samples of a soy-based spread meant to replace peanut butter. The store staff were all saying how it taste just like the real thing, so I was really excited to try it once I got home. My excitement was quickly quenched once I tried it, it tasted like soy, in a bad way. Yuck. I am incredibly thankful that my immune system will tolerate the real thing, because that means that I get to enjoy this!


The pancakes are from my favorite pancake recipe and the same ones I used in my Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes. They have no oil, eggs, or butter but taste like they're full of it, yum. They also freeze well, not that you'll have any left.


Peanut Butter Banana Stack
Adapted from Strawberry Shortcake Stacked Pancakes
Yield: 8-10 pancakes (I got 9 + a baby one)
  • 1 cup + 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut (plus a little more for garnish)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (didn't have any)
  • 1/4 teaspoon allspice (didn't have any)
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Pinch salt
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 cup warm water
  • Plenty of peanut butter
  • 1/2 banana per stack
  1. Combine all dry ingredients, and all wet. Whisk the two together.
  2. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto a heated and greased pan, flip when the edges are set.
  3. Layer pancakes with peanut butter and banana slices
  4. Sprinkle with extra coconut

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews