Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week 20: Butterfly Sugar Cookies

Sometimes I just need to bake.


Even if its past midnight. Even if I'm tired. Even if I still have exams left that cover 10 months and 700+ pages of material. 

I just need to, it's like therapy. I don't know what's so therapeutic about trying to cream butter without a mixer  or working with measuring spoons that are less than accurate, but it is. It just is.


At least my friends don't seem to mind. . .


Butterfly Sugar Cookies
Yield: 6-7 dozen (I lost count)
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 teaspoons baking soda
  • 3 cups flour

  1. Cream butter and sugar
  2. Add egg and vanilla and mix
  3. Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk and mix well
  4. Chill dough in the fridge for at least an hour
  5. Preset oven to 375F, Roll out dough to no thicker than 1/4" and cut out with cookie-cutters
  6. Chill dough again (important!, see why below)
  7. Bake for 9-10 minutes

And this, is why you chill the dough

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews