Sometimes I just need to bake.
Even if its past midnight. Even if I'm tired. Even if I still have exams left that cover 10 months and 700+ pages of material.
I just need to, it's like therapy. I don't know what's so therapeutic about trying to cream butter without a mixer or working with measuring spoons that are less than accurate, but it is. It just is.
At least my friends don't seem to mind. . .
Butterfly Sugar Cookies
Yield: 6-7 dozen (I lost count)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add egg and vanilla and mix
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk and mix well
- Chill dough in the fridge for at least an hour
- Preset oven to 375F, Roll out dough to no thicker than 1/4" and cut out with cookie-cutters
- Chill dough again (important!, see why below)
- Bake for 9-10 minutes
|And this, is why you chill the dough|