Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chewy Oatmeal Rocky Road Cookies

My summer job is being a summer student in a lab at the BC Children's Hospital. Our lab researches new treatments for leukemia and also how to make bone marrow transplants less harmful to the kids. A couple nights ago, I was in a baking mood and tossed these together and brought them to work yesterday.


Wonderful Doctor N I work with sat down to prep an experiment she was going to do later in the day and says.
"You just received a nice compliment from Dr. S_____  . . .
On how I'm such a promising scientist?

On how I'm going to be a great doctor?

Really?
. . . On those cookies you brought."
Though I do love compliments on my career potential (Once a prof at school said that I "cut well" when we were dissecting, it pretty much made my day), compliments on my baking pretty great too.

Chewy Rocky Road Cookies
Adapted from Oatmeal Rocky Road Cookies
Yield: 5.5 dozen


  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1-1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 molasses
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1-1/2 cups flour
  • 2-3/4 cups rolled oats
  • 1-1/4 cups almonds, roasted and chopped
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup mini marshmallows
  1. Preset oven to 325F
  2. Cream butter and sugar
  3. Add molasses, eggs and vanilla, mix well
  4. Add salt, baking soda and flour and stir
  5. Mix in rolled oats, chocolate and almonds
  6. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a lined or greased cookie sheet
  7. Bake for 9-10 minutes
  8. Immediately out of the oven, press marshmallows into cookie

1 comment:

Meg Luby said...

yay for marshmallows in cookies! underrated. loves it, thanks for the post!
-meg
@http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews