Wonderful Doctor N I work with sat down to prep an experiment she was going to do later in the day and says.
"You just received a nice compliment from Dr. S_____ . . .On how I'm such a promising scientist?
On how I'm going to be a great doctor?
. . . On those cookies you brought."Though I do love compliments on my career potential (Once a prof at school said that I "cut well" when we were dissecting, it pretty much made my day), compliments on my baking pretty great too.
Chewy Rocky Road Cookies
Adapted from Oatmeal Rocky Road Cookies
Yield: 5.5 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1-1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 molasses
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 2-3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1-1/4 cups almonds, roasted and chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preset oven to 325F
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add molasses, eggs and vanilla, mix well
- Add salt, baking soda and flour and stir
- Mix in rolled oats, chocolate and almonds
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a lined or greased cookie sheet
- Bake for 9-10 minutes
- Immediately out of the oven, press marshmallows into cookie