She's really missing out. There's a certain calmness and quietness about mornings that I love. Mornings are always optimistic and full of potential for you to do great things. And coffee just doesn't smell quite as intoxicating at other times of day.
My new tactic is to bring breakfast in bed and hope that the smell is enough to get her up. I know that a whiff and Nutella and bananas would get me up any day.
Ever so slightly adapted from 3 Ingredient Oat Flour Crepes
Yield: 7 crepes
- 1 cup oat flour (just process/blend rolled oats)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- pinch salt
- Toppings (see below for ideas)
- Mix all ingredients well
- Pour 1/4 cup servings of batter right onto a hot pan and tilt the pan around to evenly distribute
- Flip when the surface looks 'set'
- cover one half with your toppings of choice and fold over
- Serve warm
These were so delicious I ended up having four! They're great because there's endless toppings to try and can be either sweet or savory. Here's how my sister and I had ours:
- Nutella and bananas
- Peanut butter and bananas
- Swiss cheese and chopped tomatoes
- Peanut butter and candied cashews
- Egg and cheese
- Scramble an egg and pour directly onto the cooked crepe, sprinkle with shredded cheese