Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mocha Oatmeal

My name is Vivian and I am an addict, a caffeine addict. I know this because I felt great yesterday morning and decided to forgo my daily date with my coffee maker. I thought, it couldn't be that bad, I don't feel tired at all. I couldn't be more wrong.

Caffeine withdrawal is not fun. I almost dozed off in Pharm class a couple times and nearly fell off the stool I was sitting on. I was impatient and short with my lab group members and our TA and even skipped out on my workout I was in such a bad mood, which probably wasn't a very good idea.

Maybe it wasn't the caffeine at all, maybe it was the fact that a little thing called Daylight savings took an hour from me without my permission. But regardless, I think it's better to be safe than sorry so I took no chances this morning and decided to caffeinate my oatmeal.

This morning I was lazy and just put some instant coffee into my oatmeal, but what I'd really like to try is to cook my oatmeal in a bit of coffee. It was still delicious, like eating a mocha for breakfast, I mean, it WAS eating a mocha for breakfast and took care of my coffee cravings just swimmingly.

Mocha Oatmeal
Yield: 1 bowl
  • 1/3 cup quick oats
  • 2/3 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon sugar (maybe more if you like it sweeter)
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon instant coffee
  1. Mix everything together and microwave for 2 minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews