Thursday, December 30, 2010

Baking 101: Always pre-heat the oven


My sister was having some problems with misshapen baked goods herself. She had baked a bunch of chocolate chip cookies to take to school and posted up a picture on facebook for everyone to see. The thing is, these cookies could have easily been mistaken for chicken nuggets, as that is exactly what they looked like (Conveniently, all photographic evidence has been destroyed).


Though they were apparently still quite delicious, I do believe that cookies should look like cookies and we set out to resolve her conundrum. I was eager to bake a batch from scratch but we had some Chocolate chip macadamia nut (with milk chocolate, not white, interestingly enough) frozen dough sitting around from a fundraiser bake sale and she insisted that we bake those. The case of the chicken nuggets was easily solved when I realised that my sister was not a believer in the school of oven pre-heating. I convinced her to do it my way and as expected, our cookies came out looking and tasting as cookies should: crispy on the edges and chewy in the middle. Moral of the story: Always preheat the oven!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews