Sunday, February 6, 2011

Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate

I brought back a canister of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa from the holidays and sadly, it's almost empty. That is, I've consumed an entire canister of cocoa in about a month. At least it's supposedly full of anti-oxidants. . . I would go into a lengthly explanation of how there's actually little evidence that eating the antioxidants will do any good, but I will spare you all from my grievances on food packaging health claims for now and move on to more delicious things. I personally find pre-formulated hot chocolate mixes dull and over sweet and like to make my own, always served in my monogrammed anthro mug. There's a basic recipe on the back of the Hershey's canister that I follow loosely but tonight I had the great epiphany of adding one of my other favorite foods to my hot chocolate, PEANUT BUTTER. The PB sort of sinks to the bottom if you don't stir constantly, leaving an awesome treat at the bottom. I wouldn't go as far as calling this Reese's in a mug, but it is pretty good. . .


Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
Yield: 1 mug full

  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa
  • 2 teaspoons sugar (you can add more, but I don't like mine too sweet)
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons peanut butter
  1. Fill the mug with half the amount of milk and microwave until very hot (~2 minutes)
  2. Add all other ingredients and stir
  3. Add the rest of the milk and microwave until hot, again
** Alternatively, you could do this on the stovetop on low heat, but I don't like to do dishes.

Per mug-full (with 1% milk and light peanut butter):
216 calories | 20.9g sugar | 8g fat

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews